FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dripping animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacob Roth
Dripping animation
on Oct 27, 2017 at 6:24:03 pm

I have a drop of gasoline dripping from a pump and I have it repeating just the way I want it. Now I want a grid made up of five rectangular strokes to fill in as if the drops are filling it from the point where the drops are hitting. So the lines should reveal from where the drops hit.

I've tried trim paths but that can only go in one direction, and I need the strokes to reveal in two directions. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: Dripping animation
on Oct 27, 2017 at 8:53:31 pm

there are a few ways...animate the stroke...on the stroke effect. not on shape layer strokes(clicking all masks is useful if they all start at the same location)..Or you could use those strokes as an alpha channel and simply scale a box or cirlce up from the anchor point located at the impact site....or if

Return to posts index

Jacob Roth
on Oct 28, 2017 at 2:57:54 pm

Thanks, but what I ended up doing was duplicating every shape and giving each one a separate trim path. The the original gets animated for "End" and the duplicate gets animated for "Start". Bam, the strokes animate on in opposite directions.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
on Nov 2, 2017 at 1:47:58 pm

Glad you found a way. If you change the Offset parameter in Trim Paths, you can move where the start and end points begin. Is that what you were going for?

Return to posts index

Jacob Roth
on Nov 2, 2017 at 5:06:48 pm

No, getting the animations to start at a certain point was never the problem. I just set a handle on the path and made that the first vertex. The problem was getting the path to animate out in both directions from that vertex simultaneously.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]