FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE adds noise to sound file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lance Hitchings
AE adds noise to sound file
on Oct 24, 2017 at 7:04:02 pm

My original sound file is fine, but when imported into AE, it's very noisy. There's an added raspy hum. What gives?

BTW, I'm a AE newbie, just using it to create video blog.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE adds noise to sound file
on Oct 24, 2017 at 8:53:08 pm

I'll guess you're unaware of the admonition against using compressed audio in AE, despite Adobe's claims that it's fine. There are just too many forms of compressed audio, so it's always wise to convert them to wav or aiff files. In comparison to video files, even uncompressed audio is tiny!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lance Hitchings
on Oct 24, 2017 at 9:38:20 pm

I recorded the audio in Audacity and exported it as an AIFF file, then imported that into AE, then synced it up with the video, which I recorded on a Canon 6D. I'll try a WAV file. I'm open to any suggested workflow.

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
on Oct 24, 2017 at 9:13:00 pm

I was going to ask about the specs of your audio file, but then I got to thinking, why are you using AE for a video blog? After Effects is for creating shots or animated graphics; AE is not intended for doing editing.

You should edit in Premiere Pro. It is much easier to learn and much faster to work with as far as editing goes. Then, if you need to add some complicated graphics or visual effects, you can use AE for those few shots.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Lance Hitchings
on Oct 24, 2017 at 9:40:33 pm

I'm using AE because I have it and am familiar with it. I use it to composite 3D animations that I render for my business. Since it's what I have, I'm using it to do video blogs as well. Don't have Premiere.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 24, 2017 at 9:52:08 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 24, 2017 at 10:31:31 pm

Well, if you have a Creative Cloud subscription, you can can get Premiere Pro -- just download it. And if you don't rent your software, you can get a freebie Da Vinci Resolve from Blackmagic.

Editing video in AE stinks. It's just about the worst there is because it's so hard to do.
Okay, Microsoft Word may be worse, but still.....

Oh, and here's another thought on the audio. That device of yours may have recorded more channels of audio than you thought, and a stray one is cropping up.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]