FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining AE 3D Camera Blur (z depth) & Camera Lens Blur Effect (depth map)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Johnston
Combining AE 3D Camera Blur (z depth) & Camera Lens Blur Effect (depth map)
on Oct 24, 2017 at 8:09:03 am

Hi there, I hope this question makes sense...
I am looking for suggestions or anyone with experience in combining the AE 3D Camera Blur (Z depth/Multiple 3D layers) & Camera Lens Blur Effect (with a Grey Scale Depth Map etc).

Wondering if it is possible to utilise both effects in the same composition for controlling the Depth of Field? With one parameter; in an ideal world.

For example: I have 5 x 3D layers at various Z Depths and 3D AE Camera. I can control the DOF with the camera parameters. Also, 1 of these 3D layers has a grey scale depth map associated with it of which I can use the Camera Lens Blur Effect to control it's DOF.

Can I somehow combine the above techniques to control the DOF of the comp? I am only beginner/intermediate user but would love to be able to apply this technique or a similar workaround if anyone has heard of such a thing.

Thank you for your time in advance,
Matt

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Combining AE 3D Camera Blur (z depth) & Camera Lens Blur Effect (depth map)
on Oct 24, 2017 at 9:10:21 pm

You could probably do something with expressions and linear() to get it to kind of work...

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Matt Johnston
Re: Combining AE 3D Camera Blur (z depth) & Camera Lens Blur Effect (depth map)
on Oct 25, 2017 at 8:04:09 am

Thanks Michael, I will give it a go.
Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]