FORUMS: list search recent posts

What is the name of the feature: when I import a Camera File into AE

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Young
What is the name of the feature: when I import a Camera File into AE
on Oct 23, 2017 at 8:34:09 pm

and After Effects somehow learns and never forgets if something happened, colorwise, to that file. I have noticed that if I open the CR in Photoshop and color it crazy (so I know I'm now) the new coloration appears in the AE composition. However, if I close Photoshop without saving changes, the AE instance of the file holds on to that old color information. I tried deleting the extra .xmp files that PS made, but it still holds onto color info.

What is this called? I tried, "Dynamic Link" but that doesn't seem to be it. I want AE to ignore what other apps do and just import the plain, vanilla, file.

Maybe it's how I'm importing the files, as a Camera Raw Sequence. Perhaps it would be better for this workflow if I just imported a bunch of single images (stop-motion frames) and then turned them into footage in AE?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: What is the name of the feature: when I import a Camera File into AE
on Oct 24, 2017 at 1:29:50 pm

Interpret Footage.

To access the Adobe Camera Raw controls for an image or a sequence, select it in the Project panel, right-click it, and select "Interpret footage > Main..." from the context menu. (You could also select the footage and use the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+G on a PC or Cmd+Opt+G on a Mac.)

At the bottom of the Main Options tab, there's a button marked "More Options...". If you click that, it'll open the Adobe Camera Raw interface.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Amy Young
Re: What is the name of the feature: when I import a Camera File into AE
on Oct 24, 2017 at 1:38:29 pm

Thanks very much Walter, for the name of the thing and the details about accessing it. I adjusted some settings and it looks like that will do the trick!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]