FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to import my video and put title on it?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Smith
how to import my video and put title on it?
on Oct 23, 2017 at 7:25:39 am
Last Edited By Daniel Smith on Oct 23, 2017 at 2:52:59 pm

i have a title template https://www.dropbox.com/s/7jgglwunhyesld0/20675116-titles-animation%20-AE%2... . i want to import my video and put tile on it. ? i want make video like this :

. i need a tutorial. please help me. i just know upload video to after effect, then don't know what to do next.

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
Re: how to import my video and put title on it?
on Oct 23, 2017 at 2:56:31 pm

Well..since you put the template up ill try to help. This template is a of a video with 100 graphics. the graphics change every 6 seconds, but the video stays the same...for what you are describing, this is not the template you want to use...I cant run through the basic basics of after effects, but if you can pick one of these titles and delete the rest i think it may help.

Return to posts index

Daniel Smith
on Oct 23, 2017 at 3:02:04 pm

title i upload not same like video. video just a example. can you help me how to put video under title. what is it this technique call?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 23, 2017 at 5:13:29 pm

Since you're new to Ae, I'd recommend the following link, in which former After Effects product manager Todd Kopriva pulled together some important introductory materials:
http://blogs.adobe.com/toddkopriva/2010/01/getting-started-with-after-eff.h...

I think the Andrew Devis After Effects Basics series and the Video Copilot Basic Training and are particularly good starts.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Isaac David Quesada
on Oct 24, 2017 at 4:05:27 pm

Hi, I was not able to check out the dropbox file, it seems to not be there anymore. I agree with Walter, you should check Video Copilot Basic Training. But I got the notion that you are only interested on doing this.

Look for the "project" window (usually on the left side of the software). You will find the compositions (the main work areas). Most templates name their comps after what you are supposed to place on them (ie. "your image" "your video" "your text") I am guessing in this case you must have a comp named "your video". You need to click File/import browse your video, it will appear on the project window (I suggest placing it on the "assets" folder if the template includes such a folder.)

Open "your video" composition. You will see the timeline and the monitor when you do, and then just drag your own video to the timeline.

There should be also a compostion called "main" or "final" or something like that. You will probably be able to see your video with the title on that compostion and that is the one you will want to render Composition / Add to render queue -----> Once your composition is over there click on it so you choose your codec and format.

Hope this is what you were looking for because I am working a bit blindly here. If not please let me know and I will try to help again.

Best
Isaac

Always telling stories through animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]