FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layer within pre-comp position changes after time stretching pre-comp

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Del Fante
Layer within pre-comp position changes after time stretching pre-comp
on Oct 20, 2017 at 5:43:49 am

Hi,

I am in desperate need of help. This is such a weird unique problem, I can not find a solution searching the web.

I have a layer of a house blasting off like a rocket upwards within a pre-comp. I have inserted this pre-comp into another composition. When I stretch the length of the original pre-comp (via time stretch or time-remapping) the house layer does a big dip downward before blasting off. It does not do this in the original comp. In the original comp there is duplicate of the layer that is shaking with the use of an wiggle expression which transitions to a layer of the same house blasting off with no wiggle. The transition from shaking house to still blasting off house is where the big dip occurs.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I am so stuck.

Ben

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Layer within pre-comp position changes after time stretching pre-comp
on Oct 20, 2017 at 10:45:01 am

How are you doing that transition?

Can you reduce the project down to just the elements you need to show this problem and post the AEP here?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ben Del Fante
on Oct 23, 2017 at 1:00:23 am

Hi Walter,

The original comp the house layer is in is called "Letter to the Plug Artwork" The house layers are labeled red. As you can see there is no bounce between the transition of these two house layers, but when the "Letter to the Plug Artwork" comp is inserted into another comp, the "Letter to the Plug Artwork Final" and has been time stretched there is a bounce in the house at the "3" marker. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much for your willingness to help. I have attached the AEP and the image source which is a PSD file. The link to download them are below.

https://f1.creativecow.net/11790/house-jump-issue-aep

https://f1.creativecow.net/11792/house-jump-issue-image-source

Ben

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Oct 23, 2017 at 4:04:15 pm

Your house is bouncing down because that time remapping affected the wiggle from the nested comp. I believe if you bake that wiggle animartion into keyframes your problem might be solved...or just try to stop the wiggle right before it takes off...Also try pick whipping your wiggle on to a adjustment layer with 2 slider controls. that can be animated..this might help avoiding having 3 copies of the ship in rapid succession like you do.

Return to posts index

Ben Del Fante
on Oct 25, 2017 at 3:13:38 am

Thank you so much! The expression was there but it had already been baked to contain key frames. I deleted the keyframes and kept the wiggle expression and that did the trick. Thanks a lot you're a hero.

ben

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]