FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pre render mov replaces Composition

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
fabienne de vries
Pre render mov replaces Composition
on Oct 19, 2017 at 9:33:01 am

Hi,
whenever I pre-render a composition, After Effects automatically replaces the composition with that mov. Why is it doing that and how can I turn it off because I don't like it :)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Pre render mov replaces Composition
on Oct 19, 2017 at 1:54:42 pm

[fabienne de vries] "whenever I pre-render a composition, After Effects automatically replaces the composition with that mov. Why is it doing that and how can I turn it off because I don't like it :)"

That's exactly what pre-rendering [link] does -- it renders a composition and replaces its usage with the rendered output.

What are you trying to do? Perhaps you'd rather use a proxy [link] workflow? Although most folks think of proxies as low-resolution or low-quality versions of a comp, there's nothing to stop you from using high-quality renders as proxies to speed up your work.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Pre render mov replaces Composition
on Oct 19, 2017 at 3:27:22 pm

[fabienne de vries] " Why is it doing that and how can I turn it off because I don't like it :)"

There is a check box -- or perhaps two -- when you use the Prerender aoption. You can select whether to simply Import the prerender, or Import and Replace. I think you have the second choice selected.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]