FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound out of synch in AE CS5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesper Peterson
Sound out of synch in AE CS5
on Oct 18, 2017 at 8:12:48 am

Hi Everybody,

I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why the sound from a video I recorded with my iphone, becomes unsynchronised in After Effects CS5, as soon as I edit the video by cutting and moving it around?

I've tried rendering out the video without sound, after editing it, and then synching it in Logic pro, but it's as if the original video's speed is quicker then the newly rendered one from AE and the original video is 29.9 FPS, which I set AE and logic pro to as well. The problem persists and I can't figure out how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

Best,
JP

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Sound out of synch in AE CS5
on Oct 18, 2017 at 11:28:01 am

Because the phone shoots variable frame rate video which isn't supported in the usual professional tools. Good for viewing, bad for post.

Return to posts index

Jesper Peterson
on Oct 19, 2017 at 4:25:13 am

It's supposed to be 30 fps according to the settings on the phone, but if it's not then that would explain it. Thanks for your input, i'll do some tests with another camera.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 18, 2017 at 4:51:16 pm

If at all possible, re-shoot the video! But first, invest in a good app that turns your phone into a small but proper video camera. It should let you select the frame rate, perhaps the dimensions and possibly the bit rate & codec. You will be glad you did.

If you can't re-shoot, I'm afraid you'll have to live with what you have. But get that app for your phone for the future!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jesper Peterson
on Oct 19, 2017 at 4:23:17 am

I didn't think of the app approach, good idea. Unfortunately I can't reshoot the video now, but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]