FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a few After Effects animations

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Yow
Looking for a few After Effects animations
on Oct 18, 2017 at 7:26:16 am

I am looking for a few effect techniques in After Effects that can help me enhance an intro animation I'm working on. If anyone knows of a tutorial or the name of the effect preset please let me know. I will try to describe them the best I can.

1) "Light tail" effect. When I animate a light-up object, I want a glowing streak following behind the object.

2) "High speed tunnel" effect. I have seen at least one YouTuber using that, namely The Completionist's "ThatOneVideoGamer" intro that he used to use. Basically the screen moves sideways through a pipe or beam, and parallel strokes goes in the direction of travel.

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Looking for a few After Effects animations
on Oct 18, 2017 at 2:19:06 pm

light trail effects are often made with a particle system. you animate the producer/emitter position but set the particle velocity to zero so the producer/emitter leaves a trail of particles.

as an example, create a solid and add cc particle systems ii to the solid. option-click (osx), alt-click (win) the producer's position property and type this little expression: wiggle(1, 400) (this is just to quickly animate movement for this example, you would ultimately link this to you moving object). set the x and y radius for the producer to 0.

in physics, set velocity and gravity to 0.

in particle, set type to faded sphere, birth size to .5 and death size to 0.

if you ram preview that, you should start to see a light streak-like animation. increasing the birth rate will help smooth it out and changing the longevity will change the length of the streak.

changing the transfer mode in the particle settings to screen or add can make it see more glow-like.

i'd need to se an example of the tunnel effect that you mentioned to help with that.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Oct 18, 2017 at 6:40:26 pm

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_stroke_effect/

Return to posts index

Daniel Yow
on Oct 28, 2017 at 12:49:38 am

Well here's the tunnel effect I was talking about.

https://gifs.com/gif/tunnel-effect-sample-wmjDxM

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]