FORUMS: list search recent posts

A way to bake in a transformation?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oskari Gronroos
A way to bake in a transformation?
on Oct 16, 2017 at 1:48:41 pm

I've got a comp that animates the Skew transformation property on a Shape layer content group. Everything looks great, but my problem is that the animation is to be used by the Lottie animation library, and Lottie does not support Skew transformations.

The only way I can think to get around it is to "bake in" the Skew transformation frame-by-frame, so that the shape actually "flattens" to be in the shape of the Skew in each frame. It's not ideal, of course, but it's better than waiting for Airbnb to patch in Skew support.

Is that possible in After Effects, and if so, how?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: A way to bake in a transformation?
on Oct 16, 2017 at 3:25:47 pm

It's been possible to do that since Day One of AE version 1 -- following your delivery specifications, render out the appropriate video file.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oskari Gronroos
Re: A way to bake in a transformation?
on Oct 16, 2017 at 3:50:10 pm

Hey Dave,

Thanks for your reply.

The point is that I need to deliver it not as a render but as a bodymovin export, so that the Lottie animation library linked above can then implement and manipulate the vector animation.

Therefore, a video file will not be appropriate for my situation, and I still need to achieve Skew like appearance without relying on Skew or any Effects.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]