FORUMS: list search recent posts

Smooth transition between keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rolando Banks
Smooth transition between keyframes
on Oct 13, 2017 at 2:58:01 pm

I have fastIn-slow-fastOut movement. And for smooth of this i need to make keyframes Ease In and Ease Out and then compare Keyframe Velocity to make smooth speed without stops. So i have something like this:

What is the best way to make this? Do you know better ways to achieve smooth movement in this situation?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Smooth transition between keyframes
on Oct 13, 2017 at 4:27:26 pm

Easy!

There are four keyframes here. For simplicity's sake, start by making them all Linear keyframes. Highlight & right-click on keyframe 1 and find Easy Ease Out. Do the same thing to Keyframe 2, but use just Easy Ease. On Keyframe 3 use Easy Ease Out again, and on Keyframe 4 use Easy Ease In.

Now -- highlight Keyframe 2. Right-click on it and use the Toggle Hold Keyframe command.

You're done! No Graph Editor necessary unless you want to tweak the speed of the easing in spots.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rolando Banks
on Oct 14, 2017 at 12:23:30 am

No, i don't need to hold same position between 2 movements. I need smooth speed changing between keyframes.

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
on Oct 14, 2017 at 12:56:40 am

Hi Rolando. Select all your keyframes, right click on one of them and select "Rove Across Time" from the selection window that appears. This will give you smooth, continuous movement from the first keyframe to the last. I think that's what you want.

Return to posts index

Rolando Banks
on Oct 16, 2017 at 5:21:42 pm

Nope. I'm talking about situations like this:

I solve it by Keyframe Velocity where i just write equal values:

But i want to hear other methods, maybe better than my.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]