FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering for YouTube

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Hajaj
Rendering for YouTube
on Oct 12, 2017 at 3:45:31 pm

Hi,

I've tried YouTube forum and the direct YouTube support in the past (with no luck) in attempt to solve this crucial problem for me, I hope you can help me .
I'm experiencing a hefty decrease in video quality and i've tried almost anything (I think).
I'm using Adobe After Effects CC 2015 on PC and currently the setting the produces the optimized result for me on YouTube is:

H.264
1920x1080
30fps
Progressive field order
Square pixels aspect (1.0)
NTSC
High Profile
5.2 Levels
300Mbs(!)

this is for a 1080p animation, and even with this bombastic hugh files the result is as follows:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-B8lgPtTpEYU/Wd-BQK-6FkI/AAAAAAAACuA/PrvK...

in comparison to

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-RZGVorAo7ww/Wd-BZLXAerI/AAAAAAAACuE/osJY...

I've tried also changing the color work space, AVI (uncompressed) and DNxHR/DNxHD MXF OP1a codecs, didn't make it better.

The main issue as you can see is the blurriness/loss of sharpness on everything except the 3D bird, which is ok.

I would highly appreciate help in resolving this issue!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Rendering for YouTube
on Oct 12, 2017 at 5:05:19 pm

Two things come to mind:

1) There is a YouTube preset in Adobe Media Encoder. Are you using it? It works very well.
2) That actually doesn't look bad for a video file that has had the snot compressed out of it! You can't really expect to maintain the look of pristine video on YouTube. It isn't going to happen.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron Hajaj
on Oct 12, 2017 at 5:10:28 pm

Hi Dave,

Yeah, i'm using the preset for 4k YouTube on Media Encoder (and change the resolution to 1080), with the 1080p preset it looks a lot worse.

So, no idea on how to make these more sharp?

Thanks,
Ron

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 12, 2017 at 5:16:50 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Oct 12, 2017 at 5:24:59 pm

Not really. You're going from 4K to 1080. You're already losing detail. Furthermore, the Mp4/H.264 file created by AME isn't kind to crisp detail even under the best of circumstances.

There are a lot of things that look very nice on YouTube. The thing is, you never see the originals so you don't have a basis for comparison.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]