Text disappears

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maggie Eudes
Text disappears
on Oct 12, 2017 at 6:49:33 am

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to AE, please be kind:)

I've created a countdown with 3 circles, each with a wipe effect (from 0 to 360) and a number in the centre from 5 to 0 (6 text layers).
When I render or do a pre-comp the numbers are gone. I only get the circles with the wipe effect.

I've researched this issue on the forum and tried all the tips (I think...) but none worked. That was creating an adjustment layer and moving the text on z axis.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it!

Maggie

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Text disappears
on Oct 12, 2017 at 2:54:01 pm

I wouldn't use an adjustment layer. Just use individual text layers. Adjustment layers affect every layer below them in the timeline.

Also, if you don't NEED 3D, you don't HAVE to use 3D. If you're making the text shrink or grow, you can keyframe the scale of a 2D text layer to accomplish the same thing. By avoiding 3D, things become a lot straightforward for a beginner.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Oct 12, 2017 at 4:34:39 pm

Two common issues:

1) You've accidentally set your disappearing layer as a guide layer [link]. Guide layers are intended to be used as guides; they're visible in the viewer, but they do not render in the render queue or in the viewer for containing comps.

2) Your viewer is looking through something other the Active Camera [link]. These views are great for positioning elements in 3D space, but the only view that Ae will ever render is the Active Camera view.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Maggie Eudes
on Oct 12, 2017 at 8:56:43 pm

Thanks Walter for your help, they were indeed guide layers! Not sure how I missed that...
All good now ☺

Maggie

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]