FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unstable Files Rendered from AE CC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Wise
Unstable Files Rendered from AE CC
on Oct 10, 2017 at 2:37:05 am

Hi, all!

I’ll give my first-born to anyone who can solve this.

I’m having great difficulty rendering my current AE project. What's happening is that any rendered files, when played in Quicktime, have an occasional, slight stutter.  Significantly, the stutter doesn't always occur in the same spot during playback.  At first I assumed that it was a limitation of my computer, but other 1080 media in the same codec plays just fine.  AND the stutter persists when the .movs in question are ingested into Avid.

The files exhibit the same instability when played on my MacBook Pro.

The AE CC project settings are: HDTV 1080 29.97. All incoming media is h.264, 1080p, 29.97.  Media is interpreted as 29.97, separate fields: OFF, remove pulldown: OFF, square pixels.  

I am exporting from AE as Quicktime, best quality, full resolution, 1920x1080, field render: OFF (have tried upper field, too), 29.97, in animation codec (have tried h.264), RGB (no alpha channel), millions of colors, no audio, and have tried switching project settings AND render settings to practically all other options. The exported files are also suspiciously large, almost 2 GB for a 20-second clip.

I have tried switching out all video clips with .mp4s from elsewhere (and jettisoning the original video clips from the project entirely), plus frequently dumping the cache and database, and get the same problem.

I’ve rendered out other 1080 projects from out-of-house, and they all work fine, so the problem is unique to this one project.

I welcome your thoughts. I've spent more time troubleshooting this issue than I did creating the project!

Many thanks!

Tom

After Effects CC v14.0.1.5, 2013 Mac Pro, 3.5GHz 6-core Xeon E5 with 32 GB of memory, AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics card, running OS 10.11.3 (El Capitan).

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Unstable Files Rendered from AE CC
on Oct 10, 2017 at 3:01:25 am

What are your specifications for delivery? They determine the kind of file you make.

And I don't want anyone's firstborn. I just got the kids out of the house! I need a break!

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]