FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamic Link and Copy/Paste not working?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan gavil
Dynamic Link and Copy/Paste not working?
on Oct 9, 2017 at 11:46:24 pm

Hello!

I own both AE CC 2017 and PP CC 2017, and I've been meaning to start a project that is really effects intensive, specifically color correction-wise. And I was planning on co-operating with the 2 programs heavily in conjunction with each other. however, When I try to "replace with after effects composition" in PP, a new composition is created in After effects but the actual layer isn't there. Just an empty composition. When I try to Ctrl+C in PP and Ctrl+V in AE nothing happens at all. I'm guessing these problems are related...

Strange thing is, when I try copy/pasting from AE to PP, instead of the other way around, everything works fine! Same with dynamic link... So it's a one way street. But I was really hoping to edit and time my cuts with PP and then adding the effects and I really dont want to go the export/add effects/ export again route. I'm certain both programs are at their latest versions. This is really a miserable situation!

I've actually seen a similar problem posted a few years back with seemingly no answers. But im really hoping someone's come up with something by now. There must be some solution, right!? I'm all out of options at this point...

Hoping for a miracle,
dan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Dynamic Link and Copy/Paste not working?
on Oct 10, 2017 at 3:09:23 am

I only trust Dynamic Link for one-way trips. I DL to the appropriate PP edit timeline, which brings it in as one long clip. Splitting the clip is pretty easy. Lumetri color fixes come over, too. Then I do my AE voodoo and queue up the comp(s) in Adobe media Encoder using a good intermediate codec.
Imports into PP are a piece of cake.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]