FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to edit a mask on a text layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryant Coffey
How to edit a mask on a text layer
on Oct 6, 2017 at 6:03:49 am

Hi guys,

I've done some searching here on the forums as well as google trying to figure out a very seemingly simple issue. I have a mask on a text layer, it's been animated, however, now when I attempt to change the mask, for the life of me I cannot select it. Click the pen tool, makes a mask, use a modifier key, doesn't do anything, every time I try to edit the mask like I normally would, double clicking it with the selection tool, it wants to edit the text. I've resorted to a track matte to get around the issue, but I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong. I looked through the Managing and animating shape paths and masks article on adobe and didn't see anything there. I'm sure it's something stupid, appreciate the help. Thanks!

B

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: How to edit a mask on a text layer
on Oct 6, 2017 at 12:11:23 pm

Did you lock the mask by any change?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 6, 2017 at 4:15:39 pm

Opening the modified properties for the text layer and highlighting the mask does nothing for you, huh?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bryant Coffey
on Oct 7, 2017 at 3:26:36 am

Nope, the mask is not locked, highlighting the mask shows me the points, but I cannot click them. I forgot a key piece of information, that I discovered when I was reworking it with track mattes. The text is a 3D Layer. If I make a new text layer, create a mask, I am then able to select and modify the mask. It appears this is a 3D layer thing. Thoughts on that? My bad on leaving that out.

B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]