FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shape Layer Nesting / Layer Nesting issue?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Talbott
Shape Layer Nesting / Layer Nesting issue?
on Oct 6, 2017 at 12:34:51 am

Hey everyone,

A big technical challenge: You can Nest the 'Contents' of a shape layer into a new group. 'Ctrl+G' Thus creating a new set of 'Transform' parameters for that single shape layer.

Does anyone know how to replicate this same nesting feature for other files? PSD layer in particular?

The reasoning for this is to replicate this DUIK Head rig shown here: https://www.reddit.com/r/AfterEffects/comments/48d1p6/finished_my_first_tut...

I want to translate this rig into a Photoshop file of a character and maintain the same results.

Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Shape Layer Nesting / Layer Nesting issue?
on Oct 6, 2017 at 12:21:16 pm

Without looking too closely to that tutorial, What dificulties creating a null and linking the layers would create? I usually do those rigs, almost in the same way just precomposing and using nulls.

And I tend to treat my shapes as raster since I usually keep them precomposed to make puppets non destructable when I need resolution changes.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Jeff Talbott
Re: Shape Layer Nesting / Layer Nesting issue?
on Oct 10, 2017 at 4:49:57 pm

The major issue I'm having in non-shape layer assets is with their ability to nest the shaper layer transform contents, it is creating X and Y parameters for both position and scale with 'Groups'. It allows you to use expressions without any precomposing. PreComposing breaks all expressions. This can't be replicated with Nulls because it doesn't translate and you lose the 'Morpher' from DUIK.

It's a complicated issue and I might not be able to use DUIK as a result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]