FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fractal Noise Offset loop

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandru Cirjaliu
Fractal Noise Offset loop
on Oct 3, 2017 at 6:52:40 pm

Hello guys, is there any good way to loop a fractal noise offset without going into fade in/out technique?

Return to posts index

Alan Tabrett
Re: Fractal Noise Offset loop
on Oct 3, 2017 at 10:09:36 pm

Hopefully I'm understanding your issue correctly! Apologies otherwise.

You could add a time expression to the Evolution: e.g. "time*100" (but dont use the inverted commas!) the higher the number in the expression, the faster the evolution speed.

hope this helps

Al

Return to posts index

Alexandru Cirjaliu
on Oct 4, 2017 at 7:38:49 am

It's not the evolution i want to loop, it's the offset, i want to make it move vertically/horizontally, but can't seem to find a good solution other than precomposing and crossfading.

I've figured that tiling the fractal noise and adding the offset afterwards is working just fine, but i wish it had a native offset loop within the setings.

Motion Graphics artist

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Oct 3, 2017 at 10:33:48 pm

fractal noise has a loop option, it only works for evolutions but it's very useful.

i hin you are animating the offset... there's isn't a way to loop that seamlessly that i know of.... however, i've had more success using gradient wipe other than a simple crossfade.

you might also be able to use linear wipe if you can time the wipe completion rate with the movement of the noise offset, and feather it bit.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 3, 2017 at 11:28:52 pm

There's no good way I know about. You'd have to loop all the animating parameters. You can do it, but it could be a real pain.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]