FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transition between compositions [camera fly]

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rolando Banks
Transition between compositions [camera fly]
on Sep 29, 2017 at 10:47:26 pm

How did they create transitions between compositions on 0:33-1:36? I see that they use camera and pre-composes with enabled Collapse transformations and they use mask for every composition to hide objects which going outside pre-compose space when camera is moving. Am i right?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Transition between compositions [camera fly]
on Sep 29, 2017 at 10:54:06 pm

Heck, they could have just animated each of those shots horizontally in 2D -- same effect. No 3D necessary.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rolando Banks
on Sep 29, 2017 at 10:58:20 pm

So they use just position changing for pre-composes and inside it use cameras? Or do you think that whole video created without cameras?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 30, 2017 at 12:17:55 am

If the video already exists -- and it certainly looks that way -- why bother complicating things? Just go 2D. Lots easier.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Rolando Banks
on Sep 30, 2017 at 12:28:16 am

But i see layers which reacts like on camera, watch 0:32 at the background of left composition.

Return to posts index

Derek Bavin
on Sep 30, 2017 at 12:38:00 am

Yep. The parallax at :32 is created from layers positioned in different z axis space. You need 3D layers to create that effect.

Return to posts index

Rolando Banks
on Sep 30, 2017 at 1:45:08 am

Yes, i know, but i can't understand how they connect these different compositions. Every composition owns camera and main composition just changes position with keyframes?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 30, 2017 at 10:39:18 am

There are a few ways you could do this. Personally, I like to do this with procedural cameras (the movement of the camera is controlled by expressions, written so that the "out" move from one shot matches the "in" move from the next), but you could also do it with cascading null controllers for the camera.

Do the "in" animation for the camera on a 3D null, and make "in" the parent of the camera. Create a second 3D null "drift" for any movement of the camera during the shot, and make "drift" the parent of "in." Create a third 3D null for the "out" camera move, and make "out" the parent of "drift." In your second comp in the sequence, copy the "out" null and use it as the "in" controller for that scene. Repeat as necessary. Then you can overlap the comps in 2D and get a smooth transition between them.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Rolando Banks
on Sep 30, 2017 at 4:02:20 pm

Oh, i can't understand your idea, may you show some scheme or something like that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]