FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import DPX as a sequence in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lauren Quinn
Import DPX as a sequence in After Effects
on Sep 28, 2017 at 1:12:10 pm

Hi all

I am trying to import a folder of DPX into after effects, and then arrange the DPX in the composition as a sequence. I have successfully imported the DPX however when I select all, right click and choose New comp from selection, they are all added to the composition as stacked layers at the playhead, rather than a series of images. Is it possible to get them to be added to the composition as a sequence rather than a layer stack?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Import DPX as a sequence in After Effects
on Sep 28, 2017 at 2:21:37 pm

Try importing the folder with the files instead, although it's quite odd that the normal method is doing that.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 28, 2017 at 3:26:08 pm

Don't import the folder; import the first image and make sure that "Import as sequence" is checked in the Import file dialog box. If you're on a Mac and you don't see the "Import as sequence" option in the dialog, click the "Options" button on the lower left corner.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
on Sep 29, 2017 at 2:20:11 am

That's the normal method certainly.

FWIW though, I just finished a project, using DPX sequence, imported the folder, right clicked and end up with a normal single layer composition.

However, if I try that with a folder that has sub-folders, then the Requestor box may come up and even with selecting single comp and 1 frame per image, I get the same results your experiencing. Haven't tried this with other file formats though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]