FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need assistance locating a plugin file inside of After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gina Miller
Need assistance locating a plugin file inside of After Effects
on Sep 27, 2017 at 3:37:21 pm

Can anyone help? I am getting this After Effects error: "Couldn't find main entry point for Picasso.plugin”. This error causes AE to crash at startup. I am using a Mac.

I was having a difficult time finding info about it so I asked someone on Youtube the exact question above. This is as close to an answer as I got, he gave me a path to it’s location on a PC but I can’t seem to translate it to Mac. Please read the conversation we had below as it explains in more detail where I am at with this problem.

He said:
Sounds like an issue with the Picasso plugin - your best bet is to contact the company you got the plugin from :)

I said:
Before I try that I would like to find the actual plugin file in the AE program files so that I can try removing it to see if it works. I had another error for a different plugin and when I located it in my plugins folder and removed it, I did not have that error anymore. I can't find this one (Picasso.plugin) in my plugins. I'd like to find out where it is so I can try removing it first. Do you remember who makes it? If I just google the plugin, I don't find anything, makes me wonder if it's a part of something rather than a plugin, unless you know different.

He said:
I can see a Picasso.aex plugin file in the usual spot - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CC 2017\Support Files\Required I'm on Windows though so you'd have to translate that to whatever path that is on a Mac

I said:
I do have a Mac, I looked in Applications/AdobeAfterEffects CS6/Plug-ins and I also looked in Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plugins to no avail. Don't see a required, do you know where that would be?

--That’s where it left off, I haven’t heard back. Hoping some one here can help.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Need assistance locating a plugin file inside of After Effects
on Sep 27, 2017 at 6:13:41 pm

Picasso is the codename of Ae's original ray-tracing 3D renderer (introduced in CS6).

I think you should first try resetting your preferences (hold Command+Option+Shift while Ae is starting). If that doesn't work, I'd suggest you uninstall and reinstall Ae.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
on Sep 27, 2017 at 6:35:50 pm

Will this remove my plugins?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 27, 2017 at 6:51:19 pm

It should not remove anything in the MediaCore plugin folder, but it might remove plugins in the main Ae application folder. You should back up first for sure!

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Gina Miller
on Sep 27, 2017 at 7:07:16 pm

Walter I am looking at this video

Is the Render Button drop down in the top right something that I could change? I can get into AE I just can't open/or create a project or it will crash. I was wondering if this is something I can change or fix in AE, however I do not see that render drop down.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]