FORUMS: list search recent posts

Element 3D Underglow Text Reveal

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anant Mantri
Element 3D Underglow Text Reveal
on Sep 22, 2017 at 6:49:18 pm

Well I have been trying for a few weeks to get a reveal right. It is the "STUDIOS" reveal like in this

video.

In the Marvel intro, the "STUDIOS" text comes out with "glowing shine" or however you describe it, from the upper and lower slab and the shine red "light" is also reflected on all 3D objects. I don't how can I do that in After Effects and Element 3D. I did try transitions and Adjustment layers but don't seem to get anything right. I did manage to make the reveal plain out of the slabs with help of masking the "STUDIOS" E3D layer via matte but without that glow and shine thingy, it is lifeless and does not look good at all. It is also a little bit shaky due to my manual mask path.

So can someone guide me step by step (briefly not spoon feeding) through how can I do that, it is seriously frustrating. I will show you guys what I did manage to make, and boy you will like it, at least I hope so.

Regards,
Anant

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Element 3D Underglow Text Reveal
on Sep 22, 2017 at 8:09:06 pm

Thats a lot easier to do in a 3d application that gives you access to separate mattes and boolean operations.

That said, you can still do it in e3d. I'm adding a file with what I came up in 20mins. It should give you a jump start. (needs improving, obviously).

11705_e3dhelp.aep.zip

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Element 3D Underglow Text Reveal
on Sep 22, 2017 at 8:20:22 pm

Just to make sure we're on the same page, I just showed you a way to add effects on top of part of the objects by using world mattes. In my example, I've only cast light on the text part. I could have easily added the top Slab to the effect.

I'm certain that if you look at the file, you can create the matte for the slabs and duplicate and reapply the effects you need. It's just really color correction, glows and shines. well composited though.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Priyansh Kothari
Re: Element 3D Underglow Text & More Aid
on Sep 23, 2017 at 6:01:12 am

Yeah, but I am only familiar with E3D and After Effects with no training. It is sort of part time. Below is what was my first attempt.

I taught myself everything I know, so there is only so much one can learn alone. In the above video, I did use manual keyframing everything instead of a camera, as I haven't yet learned how to use a camera yet, setting the focal length and all those setting is mind boggling. So the motion is jagged. The texture is also very "buttery" and blurry sort of, not sharp and metallic like the original. I haven't figured it out why, but I think because of the 1080p resolution of the video texture I used. Should it be higher or is there some setting I don't know about which is doing that. I have figured out some kinks and discovered new ones and will post a newer version as soon as I get that glow thingy right. I am looking into the file you uploaded and will definitely figure it out. Another issue I got was the below one. I converted the the below text to mask and the first image is the generated mask but all hell is bent loose when I extrude that mask as outline in E3D with sharp edges and folds coming out, but the mask appears clean. Why did that happen?

Thanks!
Priyansh

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]