FORUMS: list search recent posts

Noob Question: I have huge AE project file and new to pull stuff out

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher Morrison
Noob Question: I have huge AE project file and new to pull stuff out
on Sep 22, 2017 at 3:42:18 pm

I was given a single AE project with about 275 individual AE collected file projects in it. (See pics for better ref than my crappy words.)

I'm asking how I'd pull out a single project or an entire file in order to say upload them to Google Drive for someone else to work on.

Full story: Hired a company in India to do these shots, which are mostly fine, but some need some touch up work by peeps that are NOT the India company. How do I pull JUST those files/shots/projects out from this monster so the next person can work on just that one project? I can't find out how to unentangle the projects.

Thanks in advance, I'm sure this is super simple, but, I'm a goof and can't seem to figure it out.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Noob Question: I have huge AE project file and new to pull stuff out
on Sep 22, 2017 at 4:04:32 pm

This isn't tough to do, but it can be risky if you're not careful. So duplicate EVERYTHING before you do this! Don't paint yourself into a corner!

Identify the projects containing the stuff you want to modify. Highlight the comp(s) in those projects. Go File > Dependencies > Reduce Project. Then save your reduced project under a new name. Then go File > Dependencies > Collect Files. Find a spot on your machine to collect everything and collect it.

Then you can ship it off.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Christopher Morrison
Re: Noob Question: I have huge AE project file and new to pull stuff out
on Sep 22, 2017 at 4:17:08 pm

Groovy, will do, and much obliged! If I run into any issues with this I'll repost here.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]