FORUMS: list search recent posts

Additional adjustments for radio waves effect responding to music

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Saunders
Additional adjustments for radio waves effect responding to music
on Sep 21, 2017 at 6:31:24 am

So I've gotten the radio waves effect to react to the music and linking the different attributes to the amplitude slider provides some pretty cool and trippy results. BUT I want to customize a bit more by setting limits to the different attributes (ie frequency, expansion) so I can have a bit more control. I'm wondering if anyone knows the code I should use to achieve this. Would it be the same code to put restrictions on each attribute? Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Additional adjustments for radio waves effect responding to music
on Sep 21, 2017 at 3:08:14 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 21, 2017 at 3:08:53 pm

Why not mess with the audio file that drives the animation? You can EQ out frequencies, for example.

And there's NOTHING that says you have to include that modified audio file in your completed animation. You can add unmodified audio later.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Saunders
on Sep 21, 2017 at 6:53:46 pm

I don't think that would really accomplish what I'm looking to do. Basically I'd like to be able to put a cap on the frequency of the Radio Wave effect as it reacts to the music. When the music gets really loud the effect goes crazy and basically creates a solid color.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 22, 2017 at 3:53:34 pm

Well, that's why you'd take it into an audio application -- Audition comes to mind -- and modify the volume of certain sections. Easy to do and solves the problem.

ASE sucks at manipulating audio. It bites. It really stinks on ice. That's why you go outside of AE to do this.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]