FORUMS: list search recent posts

Doing precise gesture on a transparent screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antonio Rossi
Doing precise gesture on a transparent screen
on Sep 20, 2017 at 10:29:54 pm

Hi, can anyone suggest me a tutorial to learn how to do a "moving finger on camera screen effect". I better explain, I need someone to be in front of the camera and move his fingers on a fake screen in mid air, but I need the fingers to move in precise spot. Like if he was using them on a paper that is transparent... like many ads of websites like trivago ad, where the user start to move sliders and change pages in mid air... Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Doing precise gesture on a transparent screen
on Sep 21, 2017 at 3:03:00 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 21, 2017 at 4:50:05 pm

It is accomplished through intensive practice by the on-camera talent and many takes by the camera crew. You will also notice the hand gestures are fast, which helps disguise inaccuracies. The composited motion graphics can also be adjusted to better match the hand gestures.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 21, 2017 at 5:15:21 pm

Dave's right. It's much, much easier to match the graphics to the hands than the hands to the graphics. But if you have to tweak arm movements here and there, you can use the Puppet tool or the distort tools. These won't give you unlimited flexibility, but they're usable when things are close.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
on Sep 22, 2017 at 7:06:27 pm

you can also try using an external monitor for the camera that the talent can watch as they are making the gestures.

adding tape dots on the monitor for the points you want them to hit will help them hit those spots. numbering or color coding the tape can help if there are several gestures needed.

Kevin Camp
Art Director
KCPQ, KZJO & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]