FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode rendering across pre split compositions...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ciji James
Trapcode rendering across pre split compositions...
on Sep 19, 2017 at 10:11:02 am

have been trying for long to do this... I've created a comp of 24000 pixels widthwise and used trap code and CC particle to play around with some particles. The particle layers cover the whole comp. I then created 3 comps with one third the width, but height same. But when I embed the first comp in each of this with change in position they all render the same particles. I've tried keeping the rasterizer button on.. still result is the same for the particles. The images and text are spread across the three comps. Can Someone help... Am doing this as I cannot render an aftereffects comp beyond 30000 pixels. Thanks

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Trapcode rendering across pre split compositions...
on Sep 19, 2017 at 11:04:52 am

Can you share a couple screenshots that show what you're seeing? Can you also describe what your end goal is, not just the way you're trying to achieve it?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ciji James
on Sep 19, 2017 at 11:30:06 am

Am trying to create a video for a video wall of around 80K pixels 78720 exactly... So I created a comp one third of the size and created my proxy animation. then I put it into three comps of resolution 26880, 26880 and 24960. But when I position the Initial comp, zoomed 300 percent, as am planning to use vectors and particles, I thought there won't be a quality loss with the raster plug on. But what I am getting is the same camera for the simulations. Hope you got my point... not so good in putting in words... am attaching a few screen shots

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:17:21 pm

[Ciji James] "...the raster plug on. But what I am getting is the same camera for the simulations."

Thats exactly what the Collapse transformation/continuously rasterize checkbox does. If you're checking it in a composition, you'll get the camera thats active in your main comp. That said, If you're turning it on expecting it will increase the resolution (re-raster) of a solid that you used a particle plugin. It won't work.

If you're scalling pre comps, its a yes for vectors (if also checked on), no for cc particle world.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Ciji James
on Sep 19, 2017 at 12:42:26 pm

Thanks a lot for the quick reply...both of you... But is there any workaround? I mean can we have a particle generator, which is camera independent. Something like CC Snowfall??

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 19, 2017 at 1:08:47 pm

[Ciji James] "Thanks a lot for the quick reply...both of you... But is there any workaround? I mean can we have a particle generator, which is camera independent. Something like CC Snowfall??"

Any 3D particle generator will have an implicit camera (and thus a vanishing point).

Maybe you could do a series of independent (but related) comps with particles which by design do not violate the sides of the frame, and lay them side-by-side with minimal overlap in your one-third width comps?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Ciji James
on Sep 19, 2017 at 1:21:06 pm

That's what I was also thinking, creating some sort of seamless design... Thanks for your help :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]