FORUMS: list search recent posts

Green Screen - Greenish shoes on green screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Muaz Nikolic
Green Screen - Greenish shoes on green screen
on Sep 18, 2017 at 2:57:21 pm

Hello,

I have received a footage of the man that needs to be keyed out (recorded on green screen). Upper part of the body was not a problem to be key out, but he came on the set with shoes which are similar color as the background (yellowish/green) and now I am having difficulty to key this part of the video. I would really appreciate if someone could tell me with which methode I could be able to key out this footage.

Here is the part of that video:

11695_foot.mp4.zip

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Green Screen - Greenish shoes on green screen
on Sep 18, 2017 at 4:00:32 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 18, 2017 at 4:01:06 pm

You probably will not be able to key out the shoes. You will most likely have to rotoscope them.

AE's Rotobrush can help ease the pain of this process. If you have not used it before, you will need to look at a few tutorials to familiarize yourself with its use. It is not an intuitive feature.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 18, 2017 at 4:12:59 pm

[Muaz Nikolic] " I would really appreciate if someone could tell me with which methode I could be able to key out this footage.
"

Because the boots are brighter than the backing you could use a luma key to add them to the matte created using your green screen keyer.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Muaz Nikolic
on Sep 19, 2017 at 9:26:51 am

Hello,

thank you both. I was hoping that I would not need rotoscoping/masking to solve this problem ☹
therefore I would like to ask you Simon if you could tell me a little bit more about how to use luma key on this example .... I am not sure how to apply this method... Thank you in advance

Best regards

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
on Sep 19, 2017 at 9:46:38 am

[Muaz Nikolic] "if you could tell me a little bit more about how to use luma key on this exampl"

The simplest way is first to key the shot using Keylight but without worrying about the boot.

Then duplicate your layer and instead of Keylight, apply the Extract filter. With this you can create a luma key for the boot, given that its luminance is greater than the backing colour.

Make sure that luma keyed layer is above the Keylight layer and the combined result should be what you want.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

Muaz Nikolic
on Sep 19, 2017 at 10:02:37 am

Thank you I am going to try this ;)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]