FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe after effects Lights

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jineesh kottiyoor
Adobe after effects Lights
on Sep 17, 2017 at 8:50:29 am

Hi all,
I am working with aftereffcts cc and Element 3d, Creating some lighting setups with after effects and while adding rthe lights its working awesome, But the problem is that once add 8 lights (any lights) into the comp=, 9th light is turning off the first light. That means i can use only 8 lights in a comp. Do anyone faced same issues and do have any solutions for this?

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Re: Adobe after effects Lights
on Sep 17, 2017 at 3:00:26 pm

I cannot reproduce your issue in either AE CC2017 or CS6 on a Mac. I have added 50 spot lights to a scene (both with and without an Element 3D layer) and they all remain illuminated.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Jineesh kottiyoor
on Sep 18, 2017 at 3:58:06 am

Dear Jim Scott,

Thats something really new for me. Is it possible to share a scene where you used more than 8 lights.

Thanx

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Sep 18, 2017 at 5:17:19 am

[Jineesh kottiyoor] "Thats something really new for me. Is it possible to share a scene where you used more than 8 lights."

I have never created a project where I used that many lights on purpose. I was simply testing to see if I could reproduce your issue, and even after adding 50 lights they were all working fine.

Return to posts index

Jineesh kottiyoor
on Sep 18, 2017 at 5:56:38 am

Hi Jim Scott,

I tested out with default 3D layer within after effects and the 9th light is working fine with after effects rendering. But the problem is with element 3D layer. Only 8 lights are working with element 3D.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 17, 2017 at 11:19:31 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 17, 2017 at 11:23:26 pm

.. and I must tell you that I have never used more than 4 lights in any composition. 8 lights are REALLY a lot!

There is this, too -- each additional light greatly adds to the render time. How do you ever get renders done with so many lights?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jineesh kottiyoor
on Sep 18, 2017 at 3:56:12 am

Dear Dave LaRonde,

Really appreciating your efforts to replay to this thread. I thought 8 lights is nothing in a 3D scene, I have multiple light sources that illuminates different parts of a party stage. So i have to use add as many as lights of the same to get the good render. i didn't faced any issues with rendering. 10 second scene is rendered in 15 minutes time that is much lesser when compared to other 3D platforms.

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Sep 18, 2017 at 12:18:52 pm

Do you really need the specularity of all those lights? Cause if you don't, and it's just for illumination, you could paint a hdri map that simulates your light's positions.

But if 8 lights are not an E3D limitation (you should search for that info on VCP's site). It may be a limitation of your GPU or driver?

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Jineesh kottiyoor
on Sep 18, 2017 at 12:23:35 pm

Yes, I am just getting the information from VCP forum

Thanx

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Sep 18, 2017 at 3:27:41 pm

Here's a screen shot of a scene with 12 spot lights, plus an ambient light for fill, illuminating a blue solid with an E3D layer (skull) in front of it.

I don't use E3D much, but if your research shows that the graphics card makes a difference in the number of lights which can be used I'm using a GTX 980Ti 6GB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]