FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated Time Countdown

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Fernandez
Animated Time Countdown
on Sep 16, 2017 at 1:17:35 pm

So, I've been trying to make a cool countdown in AE or Premiere and I've only found two ways to do it: The actual counter from Premiere, and the text tracked to a slider control in AE.

But lately I've found that Peter Mckinnon uploaded a video with a cool timer, so I come here to ask you If you got any ideas in how to do something like that or something alike.

The point here is that I know how to make that same effect animating various layers of text one by one, but that would take me ages, so I'm asking if you know some way to do it automaticly, faster or easier. Hope you can help me ☺

This is the video:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Animated Time Countdown
on Sep 16, 2017 at 8:44:02 pm

Well, there's four minutes of my life I'll never get back. Where the heck is the countdown?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Max Fernandez
on Sep 18, 2017 at 2:52:42 pm

Sorry Dave, I forgot to write the times, and when I finally posted my post wasn't already on the forum because of the moderation thing, again, I'm really sorry.

The times are:
0:55 - First time it appears.
1:45 - Second Time.
2:23 - Third time.
2:50 - Counter arriving to 0.

Thanks for the reply Dave =)

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Sep 18, 2017 at 3:08:30 pm

I think you can build this really quickly if you think in terms of animating each digit in the countdown and then looping.

Don't worry about animating, second by second, from 2:00 down to 0. Remember that the ones digit is a 10 second loop and that the tens digit is a 60 second loop.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Max Fernandez
on Sep 18, 2017 at 6:57:26 pm

Well, that's true, so I would need just 22 text layers to do it. It is so clear now haha

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]