FORUMS: list search recent posts

Track a video that is flying around black space?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Yi
Track a video that is flying around black space?
on Sep 15, 2017 at 9:42:17 pm

How can i make it to where the video is centered instead of flying around? I'm a newcomer in after effects and i really would like to know how to fix this. thank you!

Return to posts index

Greg Gesch
Re: Track a video that is flying around black space?
on Sep 16, 2017 at 3:31:45 am

Hi Justin, I've no idea how you have ended up with this problem - very odd. Try this: select the footage in your Project Panel (the upper left hand panel where it is listed) then drag it down to the bottom of the panel and onto the Create a New Composition button (3rd symbol in - looks like a frame of film). This should automatically create a new composition that is the same dimensions and settings as your footage - no black area around it. Does that work for you?

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: Track a video that is flying around black space?
on Sep 16, 2017 at 5:28:06 pm

It appears you've stabilized your footage. In order for the image to remain smooth, the entire frame gets scaled & translated. In your case with what you have at present, you'll need to scale the layer up quite a bit to lose the black edges. Of course having 180 deg. pans doesn't help.

Take a look at some of the tutorials that Mathias has here:
https://mamoworld.com/tutorials/mochaimport-ae-mini-tutorial-4-stabilize

Perhaps even:
https://mamoworld.com/tutorials/how-use-orient-world-ae-mocha-camera-solver

Even if you don't have MochaImport+, the principles of what's going on are the same.

One feature of its Stabilization function though is that it gives you an option to create a comp that adds a number of expression controls so you can easily "dial in" & even key frame the amounts of movement & scale.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]