FORUMS: list search recent posts

Add marker in After Effects timeline that carries over to Premiere Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christian Simpson
Add marker in After Effects timeline that carries over to Premiere Pro
on Sep 6, 2017 at 6:02:04 pm

Hello everyone I was wondering if there was a way to set a marker in After Effects and when you render it out to a quicktime file and import it in Premiere that the marker would also be recognized in Premiere. It would help my editors alot if this marker information would carry over.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Add marker in After Effects timeline that carries over to Premiere Pro
on Sep 7, 2017 at 2:51:10 pm

Sorry, but I don't know any way to get AE to include markers in the metadata of a rendered Quicktime file.
It MIGHT work via Dynamic link, but I don't know that for a fact.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Add marker in After Effects timeline that carries over to Premiere Pro
on Sep 9, 2017 at 1:16:42 pm

[Christian Simpson] "Hello everyone I was wondering if there was a way to set a marker in After Effects and when you render it out to a quicktime file and import it in Premiere that the marker would also be recognized in Premiere. It would help my editors alot if this marker information would carry over.
"

Yes.

1. render as Quicktime and make sure the include source XMP Metadata is checked.
2. import the quicktime movie into after effects and right click "new composition from selection". you will have markers on that video layer. 3. 3. highlight the composition in Ae's project panel, copy (Ctrl+C), and in Premiere in the Project Panel hit Paste (Ctrl+V).

you have a quicktime clip with markers on it.

Roei Tzoref
2D/VFX Generalist & Instructor Ae Blues Tutorials
http://www.tzoref.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]