Problem with Plexus

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nils Dorigoni
Problem with Plexus
on Sep 4, 2017 at 4:00:53 pm

Hey there,

I have some problems with Plexus.

I 3D tracked the Footage, created some Nulls and put Plexus on.

Now as you can see, the nulls are connected to each other multiple times, but i wanted to make a easy circle around a house like that:

Maybe you can help me.

Thank you,
Nils

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
Re: Problem with Plexus
on Sep 4, 2017 at 5:42:44 pm

You may try to lower the maximum connection to 2. But if that doesn't work, you're out of luck. Plexus is supposed to randomly connect stuff by distance. It has no clue what you want it to look.

If you just need a few connections, use the beam effect or any of the several plugins/scripts that simplify its placement while creating a line linked by two nulls.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

Nils Dorigoni
on Sep 5, 2017 at 9:55:26 am

Hey Cassius,

Thank you for the fast reply.

As you can see, i try to 3D Track footage from an areal perspective, which moves. Can you suggest me a plugin where the tracking of lines in 3D space runs flawlessly?

I heard that with the beam, null to null method, the nulls get lost when moving in/out Z, which is crucial for 3D tracking.

Thank you,
Nils

Return to posts index

Cassius Marques
on Sep 5, 2017 at 5:12:02 pm

[Nils Dorigoni] "I heard that with the beam, null to null method, the nulls get lost when moving in/out Z, which is crucial for 3D tracking."

You're both right and wrong in that assertion. the beam effect is indeed a 2d effect (but plexus also is).

You can howerver give the beams 3d "awareness" making the start and end points stay put with the tracked nulls and even make them change size with the distance from the camera (as plexus does automatically). See attached example

11654_beamsexample.aep.zip

It all comes down to how many tracked nulls you'll end up with. With a few I'd do it like that. Many more I'd probably send them to c4d and link them up there.

Cassius Marques
http://www.zapfilmes.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]