FORUMS: list search recent posts

Certain shape layers only let me select segments, not vertices...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shawn Ankersen
Certain shape layers only let me select segments, not vertices...
on Aug 28, 2017 at 5:46:09 pm

Hi all,

First time poster, but I've read these forums several times. They are super helpful! I have an issue that's a small annoyance now but I feel it could make things harder in the future.

I have a couple text-bubble shape layers, with rounded bezier corners, two points each. If I want to make the text bubble taller, I need to select the top four corner points and pull them upward.

I can select all points by holding shift and clicking each one individually, but what I WANT to do is to drag-select the top four points. I have to do this repeatedly because the text bubbles need to resize depending on the text inside. (I know there are expressions to control this but they are not ideal for this situation.)

The annoying thing is, I know I CAN do this because one of my text bubbles will let me, but the other text bubble that is exactly the same except the color won't let me do it. If I try to drag, it ends up moving the point I have selected.

I have also found out that it seems I am selecting the segments, not the vertices on this shape. How do I make it so that I am selecting the vertices on this shape layer and not the segments?

Thanks for any help, I know this is a very niche topic. Maybe someone else has run into it.

Return to posts index

Liran Tabib
Re: Certain shape layers only let me select segments, not vertices...
on Aug 28, 2017 at 6:20:47 pm

Hi Shawn
Try to select one point and only then drag select the points you need.
This way AE will understand that you are point selecting and not moving the shape.

Liran Tabib
http://www.vdodna.com

Return to posts index

Shawn Ankersen
Re: Certain shape layers only let me select segments, not vertices...
on Aug 28, 2017 at 6:25:34 pm

It's strange, because that works sometimes, but most of the time once it starts selecting segments instead it will only do that no matter what. I can select the segments without clicking them directly either, it automatically selects the closest segments once I start dragging, and then moves them around.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]