FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a 3D price label that drops down.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Probets
Creating a 3D price label that drops down.
on Aug 27, 2017 at 6:13:09 pm

I need to recreate a simple price label that drops down from the top of the screen. It is connected with a string and sways left to right and a slight movement in 3D space, with text on it. I have uploaded a small video sample.

I imagine it's pretty simple and I was thinking of using Newton and then after try and manipulate it in 3D space. I am unsure what steps might need to be taken or if anyone has better suggestions to recreate what I am looking for?

11624_apricelabel.mp4.zip

Thanks! :)

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Creating a 3D price label that drops down.
on Aug 27, 2017 at 11:07:29 pm

What exactly do you think you will have to animate to make this successful?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Karl Ricker
on Aug 28, 2017 at 2:09:19 am

You could use Newton or Ease and whizz or do it by hand. Most likely a combination of hand and one of the others. Like you said it isn't that tricky. The string would be the hardest part.

-Karl Ricker

Return to posts index

Steven Probets
on Aug 28, 2017 at 9:10:50 am

I guess using Newton for the string and then key framing the disc would be the option. Had a sleep so thinking logically today ☺

Cheers

Return to posts index

Stefan Zerdzinski
on Aug 30, 2017 at 2:11:13 pm

If you need to recreate this exactly then it shouldn't be too hard to just try and copy the actions of the label in the video and keyframe your 3D label object every few frames or so. The string could then be a generate_beam effect with the starting point somewhere at the top off screen and the end point being the top of the label. In order to get it to look correct in 3D space look up the toComp / toWorld expressions. The tied up string at the top of the label would be part of the label layer.

This could help: https://forums.creativecow.net/docs/forums/post.php?forumid=227&postid=1399...

Return to posts index

Stefan Zerdzinski
on Aug 30, 2017 at 2:12:22 pm

This is more to the point: http://aefreemart.com/3d-beam/

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 30, 2017 at 4:20:39 pm

Jeez...Newton..NEWTON!.. It should be a fairly easy animation starting with the null the strings and sign are attached to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]