FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to Change text in Shrek movie

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
guy shaharabani
Trying to Change text in Shrek movie
on Aug 27, 2017 at 2:37:18 pm

Elo ☺
Someone has a clue how can i Change the text "far far away" to other text ...with all the Elements that original text has(glowing,Focus,movement) . is motion tracking needed ? or the major work is masking ?
video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0i9MEM_iQ7GSUg4WVdwU1IwR28/view?usp=shari...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Trying to Change text in Shrek movie
on Aug 27, 2017 at 11:04:21 pm

My phone won't play your link. Can't see it.

But in general, if you want to be successful at replacing text over video, you have to be able to replace all the video that the text covers. Can you do that?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Karl Ricker
on Aug 28, 2017 at 2:03:58 am

It is not that difficult of a shot. You do have to replicate any movement and camera focus with your new text. First step is to remove the old text with rotoscoping, and cloning. Then create your new text and drop it in. You'll need to roto the will down frame to overlay the new text and then recreate focus pulls on the text.

-Karl Ricker

Return to posts index

Mritunjay Kumar
on Aug 28, 2017 at 6:27:57 am

hi
can I work this?
bluewhalevfx@gmail.com

Return to posts index

guy shaharabani
on Sep 6, 2017 at 7:01:40 pm

Hey Karl

First of all ,thanks for the advice(which was very helpfull so far ! ) but know after the rotoscoping i'm straggeling in the replicating the text apperance .
Do you have another advice ?

Thanks,
Guy

Return to posts index

Karl Ricker
on Sep 7, 2017 at 12:17:57 am

Replicating the text appearance should be the easiest part. You need to find the proper font, then create the text in Photoshop with the proper gradients so it has the proper coloring and then the highlights of the spotlighting on it. Take a screen shot of the text at it's largest size. Take that into Photoshop and use it as a template for creating your new text.

-Karl Ricker

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]