FORUMS: list search recent posts

Posterize Time Parenting Not Applying?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny Chew
Posterize Time Parenting Not Applying?
on Aug 25, 2017 at 6:33:09 pm

Hi there,

So I have a character that I want a stuttery movement for, so I've applied Posterize Time to them (at 8fps) and now I want to add in my lip synced mouth SWF so I've parented that to the head layer but the mouth is moving as if there is no Posterize Time applied to it's parented layer, so it is moving faster and sliding off the face.

Does anyone know what I could do to get the mouth to stick to the face without having to lose the Posterize Time effect? Thank you so much for your help! Lemme know if there is anything I should clarify also.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Posterize Time Parenting Not Applying?
on Aug 25, 2017 at 8:22:56 pm

Parenting only affects layer space & transforms (scale, position, rotation). Parenting and effects have nothing to do with each other.

Maybe you could precomp the mouth layer and the character layer together, and apply Posterize Time to the precomp?

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Johnny Chew
on Aug 25, 2017 at 9:10:01 pm

Hey thank you for your help, so the issue is that I can't have any kind of Posterize Time on the mouth layer because it screws up the lip sync. So I'm trying to posterize the other layers and have that one respond to that posterization, while it itself has no posterization on it. I just need it to move and match with the posterized head layer. Does this make sense?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 25, 2017 at 10:06:44 pm

Why don't you spare yourself the grief and work in an 8 frames/sec comp?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]