FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can I disable far vanish in Particular?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Cabestany
Can I disable far vanish in Particular?
on Aug 22, 2017 at 4:51:18 pm

I'm using a script to create isometric shapes, among other things the script sets the z value of the camera position to 1000000 so the particles are invisible on the active camera but I can see them when I look outside the camera.

Is there a way to disable the parameter? It will only reach 100000 as its max distance.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Can I disable far vanish in Particular?
on Aug 22, 2017 at 6:26:09 pm

In the version I have I can turn off min clip depth and max clip depth. But it might also have to do with your gfx card. I know when I've made my environment very large it exceeds the memory space of the card and odd things start to happen. But you can turn that off (open gl) in the AE prefs and it fixes the issue.

I also didn't know what you meant by "looking outside the camera". What version of Ae and Particular are you running? It sounds like a very old version of trapcode where there was a particular camera that wasn't the world camera.

And with a size of that magnitude you might have reached memory or decimal place limit. Why so large?

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Aug 22, 2017 at 6:38:08 pm

Hey Steve,

I'm using Particular 2.2.5, which is one before the latest version, 3 and AE CC2017.
My version doesn't have min and max clip depth, perhaps that's only on the latest version of the plugin.

The large environment is due to the script I used to build the isometric shapes, not my choice, the script writes an expression and sets the z value to that, but to what purpose I'm not sure.

I didn't mean I looked outside the camera inside the plug in, but in the composition, by using a custom view.

My graphics card has 2gb of VRAM, perhaps is that, however I don't think so because I can see the particles in the 3D environment.

I think I'll use a different particle system, it's just I'm very used to Particular, never really used the ones that come with AE, so I'm not sure on how exactly handle some of the parameters.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 22, 2017 at 6:44:51 pm

No I was just using the wrong words. You dont' have all the fade settings in the visibility tab? There's even a special pair for z depth.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]