FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anchor (keyframe) Path - Shifting multiple on x/y plane?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ross Sampson
Anchor (keyframe) Path - Shifting multiple on x/y plane?
on Aug 21, 2017 at 1:52:35 pm
Last Edited By Ross Sampson on Aug 21, 2017 at 3:22:54 pm

*EDIT*

Figured it all out - my first mistake was searching for anchor points and not keyframes... ahem. Next, the time indicator just needed to be exactly on an existing keyframe, then with all keyframes selected dragging the y values moved the whole lot accordingly!

Hi all,

After Effects CC newbie here! Just trying to get my head around a few things!

I'm creating an anchor path for "CC Light Rays", using the x/y settings under Center, which moves across the sequence at a steady speed left to right and along the way moves up and down. I've noticed on the occasion, I've added a new anchor point, all anchor points become selected and when dragging the y axis, the entire path is moved up or down. I don't know why this sometimes happens, but I catch it and de-select all the anchor points and continue. I've just finished mapping a path and must have missed this happening, so the whole path is now shifted up but I can't figure out/find a way to move the entire path down. Here is a (very crude) example.

So the bottom shows the path with anchor points, and the top shows how the whole thing has shifted up, but I don't know how to shift it back down, or why it shifted up in the first place (true newbie). Essentially I want the whole path moving/offsetting the same amount on the y axis across all anchor points.

I've tried selecting all anchor points, moving/dragging, holding ctrl, alt, cmd etc...

Any advice greatly appreciated to avoid having to map the whole path again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]