FORUMS: list search recent posts

After effects export plays fine on PC.. but problems in youtube

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
emmanouil stavrakakis
After effects export plays fine on PC.. but problems in youtube
on Aug 18, 2017 at 11:14:13 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new here so please pardon any miscommunication on my side. I have a client that has asked me to edit together various shutterstock footage and add some titles. When I export the sequence it plays fine on media player, vlc and quicktime. Now when I upload to youtube it plays fine on my laptop and my mobile but on my pc some of the shots have a weird scanline(see video link). Of course it could be a problem with my computer screen but why is the bug on specific shots of the entire video even though I have tried most of the exports youtube supports.

Comp settings fps 29.97 - 1920 x 1080
Video on the link fps 29.97 - 1920 x 1080

The composition has various frame rates(shutterstock footage) but this particular video has the same settings as the comp settings so why the scanline? Shouldn't it be playing fine since the other video clips play fine?

I appreciate any help / advise

Best

Return to posts index

Mark Whitney
Re: After effects export plays fine on PC.. but problems in youtube
on Aug 19, 2017 at 2:44:59 am

You don't mention what bit rate you used. Take a look here for the guidelines:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171
and
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6375112?hl=en&ref_topic=2888648

YouTube will ALWAYS re-encode no matter what you upload so there not sense in going overboard with the bit rate. You want to at least get it close to what they're looking for to begin with. YouTube will eventually generate the other lower versions as well. My experiments led me to go with H.264 (MP4), and a bit rate between 2-3 Mbps for YouTube uploads.

I've never seen the anomaly in your example but you might check back in a day or so & see if the problem is still there. If so, remove it & try the above info.

You could get in touch with Youtube tech support I suppose, but when they did get back to you, they'll of course refer you to their guidelines to start off.

Maybe a few other's here have more insight.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 20, 2017 at 1:38:42 am

Did you remove the 3:2 pulldown? Which then makes the frame rate 23.97?

A lot of 29.97 1080 footage was originally shot at 23.976 -- and to make it 29.97 they add 3:2 pulldown.23.976 is the film frame rate -- and your problem sounds like that's the case.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Remus Hosu
on Aug 20, 2017 at 10:26:20 am

I recommend you go with MP4 (H264) with 8Mbs, VBR1. I know that Youtube likes this encoding, haven't had any problems so far. Try to render with Adobe Media Encoder, there's a preset you can use:

https://bluefx.net/after-effects-cc-render-setup-for-youtube-part2/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]