FORUMS: list search recent posts

Time Sync Issue with AE CS6 Output vs Original .MOV Files

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Black
Time Sync Issue with AE CS6 Output vs Original .MOV Files
on Aug 17, 2017 at 12:35:46 am

Hello.

I've got Premiere Pro CS6 project which is cut and almost complete. I have 3 .MOVs that comprise of all the source footage.
I took these after cutting into AE CS6 and have applied the Remove Grain effect and re-rendered all 3 .MOVs as PNG sequences.
I then took these, imported into Premiere and then Shift-Alt dragged them onto each clip in my sequence.
The imported PNG sequences themselves show slightly different total times even after interpreting the footage as the correct framerate (23.976)
The rendered video was also out of sync, starting on point, but getting slowly out of sync as each of the 3 videos got closer to the end.
I also noticed that Premiere seems to just chug along with these PNG sequences vs the original .MOVs when playing back within the application.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

Ranveer Singh
Re: Time Sync Issue with AE CS6 Output vs Original .MOV Files
on Aug 17, 2017 at 5:42:57 am

Make sure Your Sequence's Frame rate and Your video's frame rate are same...

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 17, 2017 at 3:27:25 pm

It certainly sounds like a frame rate mismatch.
23.98 vs 23.976. Incorrect sequence settings in PP. Incorrect comp frame rate in AE. Scrutinize frame ratesin both for discrepancies.

I'm also leery of long-gop footage being shared between apps via Dynamic Link.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike Black
on Aug 17, 2017 at 8:49:37 pm

Thanks for checking this out. I double and triple checked the FPS in AE and in premiere and it's all 23.976.
In my project window I could see the times were just slightly off for my image sequences vs the original .MOVs.
As a workaround I used the Time Stretch option on each clip to set the exact lengths of the image sequences to the same as my original .MOVs and that seemed to do the trick. Hoping this doesn't cause frame blending issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]