FORUMS: list search recent posts

edit offset keys

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy Engelkemier
edit offset keys
on Aug 14, 2017 at 3:38:24 pm

I get this often enough. I've had some elements animate in to a specific position. In my case here I had 5 items.

My coworker eliminated one. Yay for changes. So now I need to redistribute those. Their final positions should be different.

Is there a good way to edit 4 keys at once, if the keys are at different times? At the first item, I can't see the other items.

Currently I'm marking where all the other layers are, then moving them all to the same time, moving my elements (since the keys now line up) then moving the layers back to where I marked them.
It's a solution, but it's not a very efficient solution.

I'm hoping there is a way to select all the keys I'm hoping to change, and do a sort of "change at time" kind of thing.

The other thing i was thinking of is if I opened a the composition a second time (is that possible?) then I could lock one at the time I want, then edit the other keys where the key is actually located. That way I can see the final position of all my elements, but edit them earlier in the timeline.

In this case it's 4 layers. No big deal. But I've had to do this for 10s of items before. And I'm sure that will happen again, so before I get to that point, I'd love to know if there is a better workflow. In most cases I suppose I could do an expression based on index to add space, although, in my current case that wouldn't work well because the items are text, and some of them are on two lines but I'm concerned about the space Between elements. So distribution tools don't work either. I just have to eyeball it. Too bad there's no "space between" tool, like in illustrator. (that I know of)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]