FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finally rendered to TIFF seq. Now Premiere cant play it smoothly. What to do?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrian Chircu
Finally rendered to TIFF seq. Now Premiere cant play it smoothly. What to do?
on Aug 13, 2017 at 11:19:59 pm

Hello. If you`ve read my previous thread I was struggling to render a 3 minute video which was taking hundreds of hours, finally I managed to do it in 20 hours with a bit of work.

I rendered the video to a TIFF seq in Media Encoder. The quality is great, BUT the total rendered video is 35 gigs big and Premiere is having a real hard time playing it in real time. It jumps every 5 to 15 frames so the playback is horrible and I cannot work to add the remaining things. Worth mentioning that the video is "dry" no effects have yet been applied in Premiere.

As mentioned before my system is:
64 gb of ram
SSD 250 drive
2x xeon e5
nvidia m60 with cuda enabled

What should I do? What are my options here? I REALLY need to preview in real time so I can be in sync with the song or at least as close as possible to real time. I need to add fake camera zooming and some transitions and that would be it. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Finally rendered to TIFF seq. Now Premiere cant play it smoothly. What to do?
on Aug 14, 2017 at 1:38:18 am

Now that you successfully rendered it out of After Effects, use Media Encoder to convert it a Pro Res or DNxHD file that Premiere should be able to handle. Exporting the TIFF sequence was basically to get it out of AE as efficiently as possible. Now that all the effects are rendered, the TIFF sequence should transcode pretty quickly.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Finally rendered to TIFF seq. Now Premiere cant play it smoothly. What to do?
on Aug 14, 2017 at 6:32:26 am

When you have uncompressed image sequences you need a really fast media drive if you want to play them in realtime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]