FORUMS: list search recent posts

Clouds depicted as looking at them from above

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Paul
Clouds depicted as looking at them from above
on Aug 13, 2017 at 8:11:31 pm

I am interested in the clouds scene from this clip:

How would you recreate this? Any tip is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Daniel Waldron
Re: Clouds depicted as looking at them from above
on Aug 14, 2017 at 1:31:41 am

You can create it with a particle system. Using either Particular or Particle World, make big, puffy particles that have a long lifespan and a very wide emitter.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Paul
on Aug 14, 2017 at 10:22:24 am

thanks for stopping by. I've played with the particular, but I haven't been able to match the ones shown in video. There is just soo many options ☺

Check this images for example:

http://imgur.com/a/uyzXC
http://imgur.com/a/sCB1j

The clouds fail to form a line at the top, some of them are bursting beyond. Also they are too white. The ones in the video have a little bit of shadows in between them and in general look more cloudy.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 14, 2017 at 11:49:49 pm

Particles aren't for the faint of heart, and double that sentiment for volumetrics like clouds. Ther are lots of settings so the same system can do clouds and light sabers and glowing bumble bees and water and rain and and sparks and...
But that's not helpful so...
Have you any shadow casting lights in the scene? Your voxels or sprites need to cast shadows on their neighbors to get those dark areas you are looking for.
You could do this much simpler with a few stills of fluffy clouds and make a multiplane animation of a bunch of them. With some soft masking it would look just like your reference movie (for this kind of move only) and would take much less time to render.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]