FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trapcode Particular is repositioning my mask path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Rodgers
Trapcode Particular is repositioning my mask path
on Aug 8, 2017 at 5:55:34 pm

I am working on a logo animation where I have created paths on each letter and am using an Emitter to follow those paths. The problem I keep having is that when I paste the mask path to the emitter, the path it is following is all out of position and scale, relative to the letter it is supposed to be animating around. I took a screen so you can see, it is the first letter "I" that the Emitter should be following but as you can see, it is now in the completely wrong place and wrong scale. When I click on the actual mask path itself, it is still in the right place. What is causing this to happen?

Return to posts index

Michael Szalapski
Re: Trapcode Particular is repositioning my mask path
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:25:14 pm

I would be willing to bet that the scale of your logo that has the original mask isn't 100%.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:26:40 pm

Most of the trapcode effects are psuedo 3d if not true 3d. So it could be that your camera is pushed in a little and the effect is happening in 3D while the masks are locked to z=0 where they always have to be. (ok not really, but I'll bet that's it)

Return to posts index

Joe Rodgers
on Aug 8, 2017 at 8:33:38 pm

Okay, so I figured that out finally and found a way around it. I work with masks all the time and have never seen this before when scaling a layer. Is this a Trapcode Particular quirk? Also, the text is in a precomp that is not 3D.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]