FORUMS: list search recent posts

edit not rendering

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aleksandr zaruba
edit not rendering
on Aug 5, 2017 at 5:40:41 pm

ok i have big problem with after effects, i spent three days on a 00;28;10 edit and everytime i render it fails at 00;4;10 . no matter what file type i use (tried mov avi even tif) it still fails at the same keyframe! i have tried rendering with removing all the audio and all third party plugins, even last night i reinstalled after effects and still nothing! i am using after effect cc 2017 v14.2.1 . here is error file:

Adobe After Effects v14.0.1 Windows 64 render log for project “7.aep”

Rendering started on 8/4/2017 at 10:52:21 PM

8/4/2017 10:52:21 PM: Starting composition “7”.

Output To: C:\Users\aleks\Downloads\7.avi

8/4/2017 10:52:45 PM: Finished composition “7”.

Total Time Elapsed: 21 Seconds

Log closed on 8/4/2017 at 10:52:45 PM

as you can see it says render completed but in the render queue it says Failed 4;10. Also the first 4 seconds and 10 frames of edit does render but it will not render the rest (i have tried cutting it so the render starts at 4;10 but it will not get past the 4;10 mark) this happened to me with lots of edits but this one is my longest i worked 4-5 days on it!

here is my comp settings:

please help me i have lost over 5 edits to this error!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: edit not rendering
on Aug 5, 2017 at 6:28:05 pm

Do you have any footage in the comp like mp4's or H264 or anything that is compressed? These file types have what are called "b" frames (and other things) that aren't discreet frames and AE only works with discreet frames so AE can hang as it tries to process a virtual frame.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 5, 2017 at 6:30:27 pm

What codec are you rendering to?

Return to posts index

aleksandr zaruba
on Aug 6, 2017 at 4:48:54 am

i have footage that is mp4 but i rendered this edit with only twixtor before i started editing it (adding transitions, effects, etc.) to make sure it would work (because i had this problem before) and it rendered fine, but when i actually finished editing it wouldn't render.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 6, 2017 at 3:16:18 pm

Your description is a bit unclear, but I think you are saying that you applied Twixtor to an Mp4 file in After Effects and then you also added effects and transitions to this file.

Without knowing it, you have given After Effects a lot to do by applying Twixtor
I recommend that you apply Twixtor only to the Mp4 and prerender. Do nothing else yet to the original Mp4. Then use the prerendered file to add the other effects and transitions.

Return to posts index

aleksandr zaruba
on Aug 6, 2017 at 6:04:50 pm

yes but even if i take the twixtor off the files, the project still will fails at the same frame all renders of this proect all at 5;08. but i guess i will cut my losses and forget about this edit, i will try prerendering my twixtored clips from now on.

Return to posts index

aleksandr zaruba
on Aug 6, 2017 at 6:57:30 pm

update: deleted all twixtor and replaced all my clips with prerendered clips, render still fails at 5;08.

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 6, 2017 at 7:15:18 pm

But are you still editing with Mp4's?

Return to posts index

Remus Hosu
on Aug 6, 2017 at 8:34:14 pm

Did you try to render the comp out as Jpeg image sequence? Maybe try the secret menu as well and disable cache and set it to purge the memory every frame. You need to hold down the shift key in the preference menu to access it

https://bluefx.net/course/render-in-after-effects-the-right-way/secret-pref...

Click "read more" under the video if you're not sure how to access the secret menu

Return to posts index

aleksandr zaruba
on Aug 8, 2017 at 7:22:55 pm

yes i have tried that, still fails at same frame honestly at this point i think there must just be something wrong with my computer or ae. have tried so much don't think there is a solution 😪

Return to posts index

Richard Garabedain
on Aug 9, 2017 at 8:04:29 pm

Have you tried lookinf for the culprit which must be an effect, something intensive or something pushed to the limits such repetiles, kaledioscope..ect...what effects start to take pplace at 4:10 or 5:08/, check the adjustment layer...take it iff and see what happens...if not that try taking off something else..ect until you find the culprit.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]