FORUMS: list search recent posts

jagged edges on shape layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Platt
jagged edges on shape layer
on Aug 4, 2017 at 5:26:58 pm

Hey guys, simple question. I have a shape layer that appears to be jagged on the edge and curious whether there is something that can smooth it out–like anti-aliasing. it is set at best quality and rendered at full resolution, no compression and yet still has a bit of jaggedness (like along the pixel range). It is an angled path shape created on a shape layer. I have attached a screenshot that hopefully gets the point across. The shape in question is the yellow shape especially where it overlaps the light blue shape. Does anyone know of a way to smooth this out anymore? Thanks for your help! AE CS6

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: jagged edges on shape layer
on Aug 4, 2017 at 5:52:46 pm

If that's the size it's actually supposed to be, it looks fine.
That's what, 400 pixels high? What were you expecting? Moreover, what are you making?

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Sean Platt
on Aug 4, 2017 at 6:06:35 pm

Hi Dave, it is for a Facebook video banner. So yes, close to 400px at 312px. To me, it just seemed more pronounced than normal, and it may be due to the contrast. I figured it might be normal, but I still have a lot to learn in AE and wondered whether there might be something I am missing here. Perhaps not in this case :). Thanks for the feedback!

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 4, 2017 at 7:21:56 pm

You can add a hint of blur and that will antialias it a little more. Use gaussian so you can do sub 1 pixel values.

Return to posts index

Sean Platt
on Aug 4, 2017 at 7:44:31 pm

That did the trick. Thanks Steve!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]