FORUMS: list search recent posts

Set Matte not sizing properly on green screen footage.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jason Bryan
Set Matte not sizing properly on green screen footage.
on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:01:03 pm
Last Edited By jason Bryan on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:03:36 pm

I'm doing green screen where I make a pre comp of the matte and then apply a set matte to another clip of the same video. It works about 60% of the time. The other 40% the matte is not the correct size. It happens indefinitely with some video clips and never with other ones. I think it has something to do with the positioning but numerically everything looks good to me.

I'm trying to attach screen grabs, but they aren't showing up on the post.







Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Set Matte not sizing properly on green screen footage.
on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:08:46 pm

If you did move the chroma-keyed layer, just precompose it and things should work fine.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA


Return to posts index

jason Bryan
Re: Set Matte not sizing properly on green screen footage.
on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:53:12 pm

Thanks for the response, but either I'm not sure what you're saying or I'm trying that and its not working. If I move the precompose layer around I can get the white matte in different places but the set matte still does the weird blown up key not where I've moved the precomposed layer to.

I'm resetting all the transforms to their natural default position and I still get it.



screenshot2017-08-03at2.53.42pm.png





Return to posts index


jason Bryan
Re: Set Matte not sizing properly on green screen footage.
on Aug 3, 2017 at 9:54:25 pm

Of course the one best showing the problem doesn't display properly.



Return to posts index

Rob Dahl
Re: Set Matte not sizing properly on green screen footage.
on Aug 3, 2017 at 10:31:24 pm

In the first image, the scale of the footage (mov) is 53% instead of 50 %. (540/1080=.5) That should line up the mat.

Rob Dahl
Transparent Alchemy
Boulder City, NV 89005
http://www.transparentalchemy.com


Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: Set Matte not sizing properly on green screen footage.
on Aug 3, 2017 at 10:37:50 pm

the thing that's a bit confusing about set matte is that because it's an effect, and effects render before transformation, it does not take the transformations into account. this means that if you have any change in transformations between your matted layer and the matte, things won't line up. this goes both ways of course. the way to stay immune to this issue is set the collapse switch for both the matted layer and the matte.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]