FORUMS: list search recent posts

Import 12fps precomp into 24fps precomp while retaining 12fps style

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kory Fenton
Import 12fps precomp into 24fps precomp while retaining 12fps style
on Aug 3, 2017 at 3:46:13 am

I have a series of animations I'm creating for a client at 12fps in AE. The client likes the jittery feel at that frame rate. After the animation, the client wants to fade to their logo bumper... and that bumper animation is at 24fps. I can't bring the bumper into the 12fps comp because it doesn't look right. Ideally, I would like to create a new 24fps composition that I can use to combine the 12fps precomp and the 24fps bumper. However, when I throw the 12fps precomp into the new 24fps comp, it smooths out my 12fps to look like it's at 24fps. The way I've been able to get around this is render the 12fps precomp first, and then throw it into the 24fps comp so that it can't change the look.

So the question—is there any way to put a 12fps precomp into a 24fps comp without it changing the look of my 12fps animation?

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Import 12fps precomp into 24fps precomp while retaining 12fps style
on Aug 3, 2017 at 5:20:38 am

In the Advanced tab of the Composition Settings dialog box (Composition > Composition Settings), choose Preserve Frame Rate When Nested

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/precomposing-nesting-pre-render...

Return to posts index

Kory Fenton
Re: Import 12fps precomp into 24fps precomp while retaining 12fps style
on Aug 3, 2017 at 5:45:38 am

You just saved me SO much time! I was dreading doing all of the other versions with my hack method. Thanks Chris!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]