FORUMS: list search recent posts

what is the best way to do this effect in one layer for tow line at the same time ?!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bedo Nada
what is the best way to do this effect in one layer for tow line at the same time ?!
on Aug 2, 2017 at 9:19:22 am

Hi,

How i do this effect in one layer for tow line at the same time ?!

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Bedo Nada
Re: what is the best way to do this effect in one layer for tow line at the same time ?!
on Aug 2, 2017 at 9:20:59 am

Sorry i forget.. i mean text effects

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: what is the best way to do this effect in one layer for tow line at the same time ?!
on Aug 2, 2017 at 2:48:32 pm

So the blur and the wipe at the same time?
Or did you mean to say the two text lines at the same time?

Assuming blur and wipe at same time.
I think you are always going to need at least two layers: either one for the clean text and wipe and one for the blur text and wipe.
Or one for clean text and wipe and one for a blur gradient that the text layer would reference through a blur effect.
Or one for the text layer and blur effect and one for a luma matte that is also the moving grad for the blur effect.

There might be one of the transitions that does a wipe on and blur at the same time. The gradient wipe would do it but you still need another layer to hold the reference gradient.
It might a third party plug in that combines both wipe and blur.

We've been getting a lot of "I want to do this with one layer" questions lately. Is there a reason you can't use two?

Return to posts index

Bedo Nada
on Aug 2, 2017 at 3:34:29 pm

I mean the two text lines at the same time?
------------------------
We've been getting a lot of "I want to do this with one layer" questions lately. Is there a reason you can't use two?

No, but it take to much when i re edit the project and i want to use the two text lines in one layer

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
on Aug 2, 2017 at 3:39:57 pm

If you precompose the two (or more) text layers then in the outer comp you only have 1 layer to deal with and edit.
Then when you want to change the text you can dive into the inner comp and change the text without affecting the edit.

But for two lines of text in one layer, you can just hit enter at the end of the first line and keep typing and then adjust your spacing between the lines in the character attributes panel. Once you click somewhere else the two lines of text will be treated as one object in AE. So then you can pass that one layer through a masking layer or apply a blur or transition to that single layer made of two lines of text.

Is that what you are after?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]