FORUMS: list search recent posts

AE doesn't see layers in PSD file

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Paul
AE doesn't see layers in PSD file
on Jul 29, 2017 at 6:11:46 pm

I've found an AE project template online.

The layers for a particular animation in the project are PSD layers coming from a single source - PSD file.

After Effects says that layers are missing although they are packed in a PSD file in the correct place.
I am not sure if the creator of the project messed something up, or the AE in 2014 performed differently, either way the source psd files are missing... What is the least cumbersome way to replace the missing layers (extract them from single PSD source)?

There is some ambiguous naming convention going on too, so before I go and manually try to replace layers I thought I'd ask the pros. I there some trick I can use to tell after effects that it needs to look inside PSD file for the missing layers?

Return to posts index

Roei Tzoref
Re: AE doesn't see layers in PSD file
on Jul 29, 2017 at 7:38:49 pm

if the file structure was saved in the same setup as the compressed folder, everything should work fine as soon as you find one of the files.

go to the search field in the project panel and click on the arrow and choose missing footage (or type miss and click on footage). find one of the missing files and click on it twice, find the file in the file structure in your computer and click on it twice.

Ae will find the rest of the files. checked and it works for this template.

Roei Tzoref
After Effects Artist & Instructor
♫ Ae Blues Tutorials

Return to posts index

Jeremy Paul
Re: AE doesn't see layers in PSD file
on Jul 29, 2017 at 8:33:16 pm

Thank you, sir! I was hoping there would be some feature to do that. And voila..it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]